Last reviewed date: 21/05/2018
We ("Jam London Design Limited", "Jam", "us" or "we") are committed to protecting your personal information and ensure that we process it fairly, lawfully, and in accordance with your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR; EU 2016/679). Please read this policy carefully to understand how your information is collected and used.
- "Data Subject" - a natural living human
- "GDPR" - General Data Protection Regulation
- "Personal Information" - any information that can identify a natural living human
Information we collect and how we use it
When you purchase a ticket for yourself, or on behalf of someone else to one of our events, we'll collect and process the following information:
- Email address
- Job title
- Company name
- Twitter handle
- Type of professional (e.g. Product Manager, Designer, Engineer, etc)
- Dietary requirements
We collect this information in order to provide you, or the person you are buying the ticket for, with the best possible experience. This includes:
- Keeping you updated with any developments regarding the event
- Ensuring we order food that suits your dietary requirements
- Providing you with the best learning and networking opportunities
We sometimes use third-party services, such as EventBrite, to collect, manage and store this data on our behalf.
If you have purchased a ticket to one of our events, or signed up to our newsletter via our website, your email address will be added to our newsletter. Being included in our community is an important part of our offering, and we believe both parties have a legitimate interest in staying in touch. You can unsubscribe from this newsletter at anytime by either using the unsubscribe link in the newsletter, or emailing email@example.com.
We use a third-party service, The Rocket Science Group trading as MailChimp, to store this information and send the newsletter.
If you have signed up to job alerts on our jobs board, then we will send you an email notification when new jobs are added. You can unsubscribe from these alerts at anytime by using the unsubscribe link in the email or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use a third-party service, The Rocket Science Group trading as Mandrill, to send these emails.
We only store the above information for as long as is necessary, and for a maximum of 2 years after you last engage with us. By engage, we mean:
- Attending one of our events
- Opening our newsletter
Or any other form of engagement that indicates that you continue to show interest in our offering.
Web analytics and cookies
When you visit our website, we may collect non-personally identifiable information about how you use our website. We use third-party services, Google Analytics and Hotjar, to collect this information. We do not make, and do not allow these services to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We collect this information to help us understand usage patterns, and improve our site and service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your Personal Information to any partner of Jam and/or a member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets;
- if Jam or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Jam, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection; or
- where previously mentioned in this policy.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have rights as an individual, which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
- Right of access - you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification - you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure - in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing - where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability - you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object - you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling - you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Jam refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to challenge this with the Information Commissioner Office.
You can read more about these rights here.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights as a data subject you can do so by contacting us at email@example.com.