Product Leaders Weekend
Hi there! If you're reading this, it means you've been invited to speak at our first retreat for product leaders! We're really excited about this event and hope you'll join us.
What is it?
A 3-day experience to help product leaders get inspired, learn from others and unwind in a beautiful environment, hosted in the beautiful Welsh countryside.
When is it?
4th – 7th April 2019.
Who will be involved?
You (?) and 40 top product leaders from all over Europe. Attendees for past events have come from some of the most interesting companies around, including some of the following.
What's the format?
Over the course of 3 days, we will have a mix of talks, discussions and activities.
- Talks: honest presentations by product leaders, followed by a Q&A or panel discussion.
- Discussions: a series of short 'AMA' sessions and thematic lunches.
- Activities: hiking, workshops and more to get to know other participants.
What's the purpose of the talk?
Retreat attendees are people like you: product leaders who want to take their product and team to the next level. They want to hear how you address the same challenges they're facing day-to-day. Share a personal story, lessons you learned and / or let others know how you're currently tackling one of the challenges for discussion.
What should the talk be about?
Your talk should focus on one of the following challenges:
#1 Becoming a better product leader
- Setting and sharing a vision
- Leading great meetings and 1:1s
- Giving constructive feedback
- Managing senior stakeholders
- Delegating and avoiding burnout
#2 Building a world-class team
- Hiring, onboarding and retaining
- Cultivating the right culture
- Organising teams for success
- Developing team members
- Building diverse teams
#3 Building & scaling
- Tools of the trade (and how you use them): roadmapping, planning, collaboration
- Measuring success
- Managing product suites
- Need some ideas of talks? Here are some of the things we're looking for, but feel free to come up with your own:
- Scaling your product team: hiring DOs and DONTs
- My first 90 days as Head of Product
- Lessons learned building our PM progression framework
- From silos to squads: the making of a cross-functional team
- How to (re)define your product strategy
- How to onboard like a pro
- How to give effective feedback
- How we use ToolX for collaborative roadmapping
- How we use ProcessY for measuring product performance
What's the deal?
Retreat speakers take part in the whole event free of charge (tickets start at £2K). We'll also cover any out of pocket expenses you incur (travel etc).
It's a great opportunity to learn from other product leaders, build a trusted support network and have a lot of fun in the process!
How do I apply?
Please apply here. The deadline is the 31st of January 2019.