Do you have an inspiring story to tell or valuable lessons to share about building your product? Our events offer a perfect opportunity to do just that. Reach thousands of product leaders and help them on their own journey.
- Share your story: our events bring together hundreds of product leaders from some of the most interesting organisations around. Talking in front of Europe's most talented product people is the best way to get recognised for the great work you do behind the scenes.
- Get mentored: you'll receive storytelling advice from an expert speaker coach to help you deliver a killer talk.
- Meet amazing people: you'll get to connect with fellow speakers at our speaker dinner and meet great people both on the day and at future events – every speaker is automatically invited to join the next JAM event for free!
Who comes to the events?
Every year, we bring together an eclectic crowd of makers – people who take real pride in their work, want the best for their team and go out of their way to build something great. Like you, they're in the trenches every day trying to work out how to build amazing products.
5+ years (60%)
3 - 5 years (25%)
0 - 3 years (15%)
What we are (and are not)
- Candid stories and practical talks
- How you (try to) build great products
- What you learned as a product leader
JAM is not:
- A way to pitch your company or product
- A platform for sharing success stories (there's enough online already!)
- A series of lectures, theories or 'big-picture' talks
Here are some themes you can explore when thinking of a talk idea.
- Your journey / career so far: we often talk about products, but rarely about the people behind them. From your career story to current challenges, it's your chance to share your own personal story and inspire others on their own journey. How did you end up where you are now? What advice would you give to your younger self? What's next?
- Riding the emotional product rollercoaster: The ups and downs of creating a product are relentless, yet rarely discussed. Reflect on it through the lens of your own experiences. This can include making hard decisions, learning how to work well with other people or solving a particular problem.
- Your daily grind: The way you work might be someone else's aha moment.
- The story behind X / case study: From start to finish, take us on your journey to build a specific product or feature. What was the starting point, the problem, the brief? How did you and your team work on it? What decisions did you have to make? What struggles did you encounter along the way? Mistakes? What did you learn and what would you do differently? Put us in the room with you!
- Failure Story We hear a lot about launching, but not much about failing. Tell us about a time you (or your team) failed. What happened? What did you learn from it? You could tell an honest story here that others will appreciate.
- Deciding what to build & making tough decisions: The wonderful world of product discovery. How do you research and validate customer needs? How do you balance different data sources to make decisions? And when do you know it's time to launch?
- Measuring what matters: How do you measure the performance of your existing products? How about setting up the right KPIs for a new initiative? How do you track the right data and turn it into insights for your team?
Your Team & Processes
- Developing soft skills
- Tools of the trade (take content from hot tips intro stephen wrote)
- Leading a team, working well with other functions, understanding what drives them, high-functioning teams, finding ways to work better together. It's all about the people.
How to apply
Ready to get involved? The following events are currently open to applications: