'Hot Tips' is a collection of candid advice by and for product people. Found a great new way to build your roadmap? Got an awesome design or research tool you can’t live without? Unearthed the holy grail of prioritisation techniques? Tell the JAM community! Sharing a Hot Tip is the best way to pay it forward to +3,000 makers from all over Europe. Your daily grind might be their ‘aha moment’!
What are ‘Hot Tips’ about?
Think of it as a precious piece of advice you wish you had received when you started building products. It’s a short snippet of wisdom that helps you do things differently. With Hot Tips, we hope to show there’s no ‘one best way’ and it’s ok!
- Product management: From deciding what to build to building a killer roadmap, how do you make sure your team is focusing on the right thing?
- People & Teams: How do you work well with others? How do you keep cool when things heat up? And what makes a great product team?
- Tools of the trade: What are your best tools for roadmapping, user feedback or collaboration? Show us how you use them to make things flow.
How do I craft a great tip?
- Be as open as you can: Share your insider knowledge. Something people won’t have come across before. A Hot Tip reveals how you do things.
- Show, don’t (just) tell: Talking about your roadmapping process? How about including a screenshot of the tool you use? There’s nothing like seeing your ‘behind-the-scenes’.
- Keep it short and personal: Aim for 200 words max, and word it like you’re helping a friend out.
Where do I share my tips?
Post your tip here. Every week, we’ll curate the best Hot Tips and share them with the community.